Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Advent This


Our church needed some updated Advent decoration. I have inherited my mother-in-laws vintage Babylock embroidery machine and put it to good use. I have it set up in my sewing studio ready to go.


It is old technology and uses cards, not disk, not thumb drive, just cards. Luckily my husbands mom had some cards to use and were stored well. The cards still work and can be used for a limited calligraphy embroidery run.


Pick your size and off it goes. It stops automatically for a thread change or when finished.


I have been able to find some Babylock cards on ebay here and there.Most cards are outdated art and type styles from the 1980's. But for these small jobs it is great for banging out a small project. I only wish I could hook this machine up to my computer. But those are later models. But thanks to her good care of her sewing machines, I can keep using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment